Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lovely London

I have really been dropping the ball on my blogging duties lately, I'm sorry to say. But, better late than never!

Last month, E and I took a spur-of-the-moment, quick trip to London! Plane tickets are cheap, and our friend J (who recently moved to London) had offered to host us, so we grabbed the opportunity. Now, when I say that plane tickets are cheap, it's important to realize just how cheap we are talking. I don't remember the final total (do you, E?), but I do remember that the ticket price for the return trip was 5 dkk (that's about $0.95). There are fees and stuff on top of that, of course, but still!

We had a really nice trip. We hadn't seen J in a while, and it was great to catch up with him a bit. Plus, we got some good game-playing and Indian-food-eating in. We also saw some sights! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.
Our first trip out exploring. There are some famous buildings in the background.

Outside the Natural History Museum

The main hall at the Natural History Museum. Pretty cool.

E works on deciphering the Rosetta Stone at the British Museum

From the British Museum - one of the (maybe the?) oldest known board games! Awesome. It looks like an early prototype of Settlers! (not really)

We rode in the London Eye! It was pretty awesome, and a very fun thing to do on our last evening. Picture-wise it didn't turn out so well because it was raining. But, I do kind of like this one.

1 comment:

  1. Hvor var det dog spændende at til at besøge J in London! Maske skal vi rejse igen i Storbritanien i vinteren. Og jeg skal også sige, at dine billeder er meget smuk! Fint gjordt, B!

    ReplyDelete