Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Break for Berlin

This is just a quick post today, to share some pictures from my recent trip to Berlin. After an excellent two weeks in the US (stay tuned for a future post!), I had a weekend trip to Berlin to see my brother, who was there for a conference.

On Saturday, we went to Sanssouci, one of E and my favorite spots in the world. Here's my brother (let's call him A) in front of the big fountain.


We also walked up to the Orangerie at Sanssouci. There was a small chamber ensemble playing classical music here, which definitely added to the overall highly classy feel.

We spent Sunday morning walking through the Tiergarten and through downtown Berlin. At one point, we happened across this very interesting scene. I posted a picture of the Berliner Dom with the Fernsehturm together last year, but I really think it makes for cool pictures and deserves another angle. Thanks to A for encouraging me to pull my camera out for this one!



That's it for now - just a few of my favorite pictures. The Scandinavegan asks me to assure you that she will be back soon with her regularly scheduled food updates, and we'll also get some stuff about our recent trips to Portland and the Bay Area up soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment