Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23--Advent at ADAFT 2013!

Sure, everyone plans out Christmas dinner in loving detail.  Everyone knows "a turkey and some mistletoe help to make the season bright."  (Not for the turkey, mutters the Scandinavegan darkly).  But how many really consider Christmas breakfast?

Consider it considered, darling readers! 

I love oatmeal, and B often tells me that my morning bowl is an astounding thing to behold.  True, but I'm not going to take pictures of my oatmeal and put them online.  That's going too far, although I am not joking when I tell you there are whole blogs devoted to oatmeal.  But what is does mean is I am eminently qualified to tell you about a certain festive bowl of oatmeal I'm planning. 

Here's the deal--Americans think Christmas is all about cranberries, maybe pumpkin, and fruitcake.  While those things might make good oatmeal, Danes are ahead of the game because their favored Yuletide dessert is rice pudding with stewed cherries and almonds.  Just replace "rice pudding" with "rolled oats" and voila, breakfast is served!  I will admit to wavering--while I've got the oats and cherries ready to go, should I stir in almond butter?  Or sprinkle toasted almonds on top?  Or both?

Eh, it's going to be tasty and festlig either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment