Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1--Advent at ADAFT 2014!

The thing about having a kid is, suddenly you experience all these things from your own childhood again.  And all those things seemed just sort of normal and mundane at the time, but now you're 30 and are struck by the unbearable sweetness of life and all those perfectly ordinary, tiny little things make you cry. 

Like maybe you are reading The Runaway Bunny out loud, and you get to the end:

"Shucks," said the little bunny.  "I might just as well stay where I am and be your little bunny."
And so he did.
"Have a carrot," said the mother bunny.

And you are inexplicably all choked up.

Or maybe you are listening to Raffi.  Even if you were a cynic, or thought that he could get a little sappy, once you have kids, Raffi will slay you.  You'll be sniffling away over "One Light, One Sun."

Which brings me to my point.  We were listening to Raffi the other day (we being C and me, of course) and I got kind of inspired by his song "All I Really Need."  It's just been Thanksgiving and it's coming up to Christmas, and you know, it's true.  The best things are the song in your heart, food in your belly, and love in your family.  So that's what we're bringing you this year. 

Happy Advent.  I hope you find a new song in your heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment