Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 8-- Advent at ADAFT 2014!

B and I are facing the possibility that this will be our last Danish Christmas.  We don't know for sure, but it could be.  This means that we feel an obligation--a SACRED obligation--to do as many Danish Christmas things as possible.

One of the most Danish things to do at Christmas is to drink gløgg, the hot, sweet spiced wine.  The thing is, though, I don't actually like wine.  I do like the spices and it smells kind of nice (if wine-y), so this year I found the perfect solution.



The solution is not apple cider.  Hot spiced cider is of course delicious and perfect in every way, but it has nothing to do with Danish Christmas.

The solution is this:


It's non-alcoholic gløgg!  Made primarily from elderberry and blackcurrant juice, it's spiced and ready to be heated up.  I raise a glass to you all and say "Skål!"

No comments:

Post a Comment