Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22--Advent at ADAFT 2012!

It's nostalgia time again, readers!  Today I'm taking you all the way back to the days of LPs and Mr. Hooper still living on Sesame Street.

Yes, when I was small, my favorite Christmas album (and they really were albums!) was one called Merry Christmas from Sesame Street.  Although I'm too tired to check right now, I'm pretty sure that last year the ADAFT Advent calender brought you the Christmas pageant from that album, the one where Bert is cast as a Christmas tree.

This year I'm pointing you towards another track from the album--Bert, Ernie, and Mr. Hooper are bringing you A Christmas Story.  Be sure you watch all the way to the end, because this may be the sweetest version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ever recorded.




(Thanks, wonders of the Internet!  Before writing this post,I had no idea that this was also a video, and not just an audio track.  And even better, if you're as charmed by these stories as I am, you can buy the whole album as a CD or MP3 on Amazon for under $10.  The world sure is a magical place).


No comments:

Post a Comment