Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5--Advent at ADAFT 2012!

You might have seen it coming, but I'll tell you anyway.  This year I'm feeling all emotional and nostalgic.  So even though our blog is ostensibly about exciting foreign (especially Danish) stuff, this Advent I'll be bringing you some of the best stuff from the desert too.

To start off, I'll tell you about the single area in which Phoenix beats Tucson--Christmas lights at the zoo.  Yes, the Reid Park Zoo is great, and it has fun holiday evenings, but the Phoenix Zoo just blows it out of the water when it comes to breathtaking light displays.  Plus they have a talking giraffe.

Today I'm specifically feeling nostalgic about the time R brought me home to her family at the holidays and we checked out ZooLights together.  It was a blast!  And she even got Jenga the Talking Giraffe to give me a personal greeting.  With that in mind, here are some photos (not mine) of ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo.


1 comment: