Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7--Advent at ADAFT 2012!

I think I've mentioned before how Danes like bikes. 

It follows, then, that even though this post has zilch to do with Christmas, it is a valid Julekalender post, since bikes are totally awesome and festive and great.

In case it isn't clear to you yet, I'll be discussing bikes today.  But you have to wait for it.

We have a baby now, which is both wonderful and terrifying.  B and I are of course trying to do our best by her, and each other, and we spend a lot of time just DOING STUFF and hoping that it's the right thing to do.  Sometimes, when it gets really hard--and also sometimes when it's particularly smooth-sailing and great--, B turns to me and says "We're really doing it."

He means that we're really being parents.  We are really raising a child.

What it makes me think of, though, is a little kid who's just had the training wheels taken off his first bike.  As he wobbles and teeters down the sidewalk, he's hollering "Look, look, I'm doing it, I'm really doing it!"

That's about what it feels like around here.  Like we're sometimes wobbling along, and sometimes going way too fast, and sometimes about to tip over completely, but all the time we're doing it, we're really riding that bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment