Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 10th--Advent at ADAFT!

This post is specially for B, who is extra-awesome lately, and who will shortly be rejoining me here in Dane-land!

(I like to say Dane-land sometimes and will not be deterred by the fact that Justin Timberlake apparently once called it that unironically, by mistake. It's still funny.)

At any rate, this is something wholly un-Danish. It's a song from the previously mentioned album"Rocky Mountain Christmas," by John Denver. I think it's such a pretty song, probably the best on the album.

In this particular video, John Denver's singing is accompanied by lots of photos of the West, which is so very very unlike Denmark. Sometimes I can't even believe how much there is to the world. So I'll leave you with this song, and a bonus little poem that also suits.

John Denver: Christmas for Cowboys

"Happy Thought"
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The world is so full of a number of things
I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

I think John Denver agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment