Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8th--Advent at ADAFT!

I was at a really fun concert tonight, "Jul i Aarhus," where it occurred to me that Danish Christmas music is a bit esoteric. Many Americans know carols from other countries, even if only in translation. Think of "Silent Night," "O Tannenbaum," "Bring a Torch, Jeanette," "The Holly and the Ivy," or "Carol of the Bells." But unless you're Danish, possibly Swedish, or possibly an ex-pat living in Denmark, you probably don't know any Danish carols.

But the ones I've heard are really sweet and lovely. So here's one of my favorites--and one of the most classic Danish carols--"Dejlig Er Jorden."

This video isn't a fancy professional concert, and I really like that too. It's just a whole bunch of Danes singing together, much like I heard tonight. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I did.

Dejlig Er Jorden

No comments:

Post a Comment